Dear Presidents, POAs and Secretaries, I would like to share the most recent developments on the upcoming Annual General Meeting with you. As you are well-aware, 2017 is an election
Dear Presidents, POAs and Secretaries,
I would like to share the most recent developments on the upcoming Annual General Meeting with you. As you are well-aware, 2017 is an election year for Lions Befrienders. The Nomination Committee headed by Lion Edward Ma (LCS Bedok) and his team comprising of Lion Christine Ng (LCS Compassvale), Lion Davie Ong (LCS Host), Lion Peter Chua (LCS Ji Yang) and Lion Angeline Woo (LCS Nassim) received a total of 18 applications at the close of LB Management Board Nomination.
The nominees for 7 positions (Office Bearers) are:
1. PP William Loh Yoon Fatt (LCS Nanyang) for the position of Chairman;
2. PP Chia Lai Soon (LCS Chong Pang) for the position of 1st Vice Chairman;
3. PP Ho Sum Kwong (LCS Clarke Quay) for the position of 2nd Vice Chairman;
4. PP Yeo Siew Yam (LCS Marine Parade) For the position of Hon Secretary;
5. PP Shirley Lee (LCS Central) for the position of Asst. Hon Secretary;
6. PP Alex Lim Hee Meng (LCS Tanglin) for the position of Hon Treasurer;
7. PP Joseph Lui Kwong Hon (LCS Katong) for the position of Asst. Hon Treasurer;
The nominees for the 6 positions of Committee Member (Ordinary Member) are:
1. PP Nancy Lye (LCS Amber)
2. PP Wendeline Chong (LCS Arcadia)
3. PP Sarah Teo Bee Yin (LCS Broadway)
4. PP Stuyvesant Lim (LCS Bukit Timah)
5. PP Ivan Ong (LCS Changi)
6. PP Victor Yip (LCS Clover)
7. PP Victor Lee Chay Pin (LCS Katong Mandarin)
8. PP Lely Chin (LCS Metropolitan)
9. PP Jennifer Jern Lhi Fang (LCS North)
10. PP Simon Lim (LCS Raffles City)
11. PP Dr Chey Chor Khoon (LCS Serangoon Gardens)
Please note that the candidates’ eligibility shall subject to District’s confirmation of their respective clubs are of good standing.
I am pleased to report that with the exception of Lion William Loh, all the candidates were deemed to have met the requirements as stipulated in Clause 20(d) of the Constitution and Bylaws of LBSA. The Nomination Committee was unable to recommend Lion William Loh as his Nomination Form had not been accompanied by the resolution of his Lions Club (LCS Nanyang) endorsing the nomination. In the absence of the endorsement of his Lions Club, Lion William Loh’s nomination was deemed to have not met the requirements as stipulated in Clause 20(d) of the Constitution and Bylaws of LBSA, and was therefore regarded as invalid, i.e. of no effect, in accordance with Clause 20(e) of the Constitution and Bylaws of Lions Befrienders. This being the case, there is no nominated candidate for the position of Chairman. However, it is believed that Lion William Loh will run from the floor as a floor candidate at the AGM Election.
On a separate note, I would require your assistance to complete and email the attached Authorization of Voting Delegates / Alternates form to me by Friday September 1, 2017 if you have not done so.
I look forward to welcoming all of you on Saturday September 16, 2017 from 1200hrs to 1800hrs at the Grassroots’ Club.
Sent on behalf of Hon. Secretary Adrian Wong
Authorisation of Voting Delegates & Alternates.pdf
(Saturday) 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
The Grassroots’ Club
190 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8, Singapore 568046